Mar 21, 2018

Stitchers Day Exchange 2018

One of my favorite exchanges is the Stitchers Day Exchange coordinated on one of the Yahoo Groups.  I've participated for the last five years and each year I eagerly await to see what my partner creates to reflect the theme celebrating stitchers.  It's also a time for me to put my creative juices to work in coming up with a project I think my partner will like.  So much fun!

This year, I had a chart in mind that I have had in my stash FOREVER and have always wanted to stitch it.

"Do Not Disturb" by Linda Orme at Forever in My Heart c2003. 
I recently learned that she passed away a few years ago,
so this chart is OOP.
Here's my chance, right?!  With my partner's color preference in mind, I set to work choosing a fabric and floss.... and started stitching.


I had planned on making a flatfold, but finding the perfect finishing fabric proved to be a challenge.  I did find it though!  Here's what the FFO (fully finished object) looks like:


Stitched on 28ct Silkweaver Solo Jubilee fabric with DMC threads.
Embellished with cream/gold ric-rac and tiny pair of scissors.
Sent to DJ at Tickled Pink in Stitches

If anyone is interested in making a flatfold like this, I used a combination of two tutorials listed in my left side bar.  I used techniques from the flatfold and dimensional flat ornament finishing.  I just love those little scissors!

Incidentally, this was my first finish of 2018 -- Woo Hoo!

Now... onto what my partner sent me...

All the way from France came these lovelies!

My partner, Mary from Le Coeur Celtic, sent me a beautifully stitched scissor fob and matchbook needlebook.  The scissor fob is called 'The Stitchers Favorite Fob' by The Sweetheart Tree.  I've had this chart in my stash-to-do pile for a long time and love that I now have it all stitched up.  The needlebook cover has beautifully stitched Hardanger on it in a very pretty variegated yellow/orange.


And look!  She stitched my intials and year on it. 


The opposite side has specialty stitches.  Aren't those tiny spools of thread adorable?

Thank you very much, Mary.  I love it!

Until next time...




19 comments:

Sandie said...

Beautiful exchange gifts Meari.

Deb said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing!! Perfect FOB!

Sandy In Montana said...

Love the flat fold finish, it looks great.
Hugs, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the flatfold - especially the saying. I need something like that on the door to my stitching room! And the gifts you received are wonderful. I've seen the pattern for the scissor fob before - it is adorable. Great job, Meari!

Dorrie

Robin in Virginia said...

I love the design you stitched for this exchange. What you received is sweet!

Katie said...

What a great exchange. Thanks for sharing. They are both great!

Anonymous said...

I love the scissor fob you were sent and your choice of flat-fold was just right for another stitcher!

Sandie

Brigitte said...

What a successful exchange this was. Both exchange pieces are thoughtfully chosen and beautifully stitched and finished.

Akila said...

Beautiful exchanges!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your flat fold is lovely and the backing fabric is perfect. So pleased you like your scissor fob and matchbook needlecase.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching - and beautuful gifts from your stitching partner.

Pamela said...

Nice design and cute finish. The exchange gift you received is great.

Mary said...

Very cute flatfold finish. Your exchange gifts are just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love your fob, wow happy stitching

CathieJ said...

I love that cross-stitch. Your flat-fold is great. The gift that you received is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

You've been busy, as usual, and have some lovely finishes. Love the idea of a stitchers day exchange.

Lynne

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful stitching and the finishing is perfect. All the other pieces r also nice.

Mary's Thread said...

I love your color choices in your piece! And you certainly received some lovely things! Looks like a nice month for you! :)

SuperMomNoCape said...

What beautiful gifts... both sent and received.

Thanks so much for linking up this post too in this month's Stitchery Link Party! I love seeing everyone's projects and the more projects the merrier. :)